On 25 October 2012, we were pleased to have our official launch of the Trust and the Sponsor a Cancer Patient campaign at Crowne Plaza, Harare, Zimbabwe.
In our Sponsor a Cancer Patient campaign, we found five marginalized cancer patients who are struggling to make ends meet. From January 2013, we will be assisting them with food, one Dr’s consult/month, some of their prescription costs and payment of school fees for one primary school going child per family. We are so pleased that even before January 2013, we have had our first official sponsor come on board – Probrands Foods Zimbabwe – which has already started providing the patients and their families with much-needed food hampers every month. We will be posting a separate and more detailed blog on that soon!
The night featured the following:
- Speeches by Guest speakers, Minister Herbert Murerwa & Mrs. Margaret Nyandoro, Deputy Director for Reproductive Health. Another one of our honourable guests was Mrs. Clemenciana Bakasa, Deputy Director for Non Communicable Diseases at the Ministry of Health & Child Welfare.
- Video of the five patients we are assisting, followed by live testimonials by the patients and families in attendance. Due to circumstances beyond our control, two of the patients and their family representatives were unable to attend on the night.
- Fashion show directed by Cathering Ruze Agency, featuring designs by Melusi HlanyangeFashion Nhengu and Shadow by Sidumiso.
- Fashion and jewellery auction.
- Music entertainment by Fungai Nengare, DJ Naida, Rutendo Denise (.R.) and Theresa Mutetwa.
Below are some images from the night, followed by a slideshow. Images are courtesy of EOS Photography.
For more pictures, please view the slideshow below.
A BIG THANK YOU TO ALL THOSE WHO WERE INVOLVED & HELPED MAKE THIS NIGHT A SUCCESS!!